I have been in a really grumpy mood since few days and I can't really pin point a particular reason, I guess it happen to all of us at some point or the other. Whenever I get such mood swings, the first thing I tend to do is isolate myself from the world, don't talk to anyone, and cry my heart out because when I am in a bad mood, I can't hold it together. You can easily tell from my face/voice/body language that I'm not fine, and Trust me guys with my experience I've learnt a thing or two to make sure my bad day doesn't turn into bad days.
Sometimes it's easier said than done, no matter how many happiness hacks or positive mantras you try to make it better, it can be hard to change your mindset. At times, our thoughts completely consume our minds and we feel helpless.
Today I am going to share with you all my tips and tricks to overcome such days and I know It’s not possible to avoid them but here's how you can get through them:
If your mood swings last for few hours then the best thing you can do is
Some of the points that might change your mood in an instant.
1. Take a Nap and wake up with a fresh mind.
2. Follow your Hobby : Mine is doing something creative DIY!
3. Listen to your best “pump me up” music and dance a bit
4. Watch Netflix or any movie at home.
5. Treat yourself with your favourite food item, I always eat ICE CREAM!
So whatever way works best for you, just go for it, and calm yourself down.
If the issue is much deeper and it's causing you emotional or mental pain then try and follow any or all of the following tips, trust me a little change in your perspective can change the way you see and handle things, there are times when you just don't understand the reason of your mood change, everything is fine in your life, all is good but still you have this feeling of dread and despair, tell yourself that It's okay, this day will be over and there's a better tomorrow waiting for me.
REMEMBER a bad day doesn't mean a bad life.
1. Cleanse & Organize : I know. I know. That's the last thing you want to put your energy in when you're having a grumpy mood, but trust me once you get started you'll enjoy it, Clean surroundings attracts much more positivity. Start with smaller section, maybe your desk area, or a section in your closet or maybe clean your phone. I try and clean my closet because when i do it I find so many things i didn't even remember I had and that makes me really really happy, trying them on and planning my looks for the upcoming shoots, that definitely makes me positive and happy.
2. Don't Be Harsh On Yourself: Don't force yourself to feel some way when you want to feel the other, most of the times we find ourselves under some unavoidable situations, where we have to be mentally and emotionally present but from the inside we don't really want to be. Allow yourself a set amount of time to wallow, be angry, or be sad, and then move on, don't let your bad mood ruin your day. One of the worst things about really tough days is that they feel like we’ll be stuck in them forever, don't let this thought ruin your life, it's sometimes okay to ruin a day but don't let it get into your head and stay. Most of the times it's all in our head and we all have the power to change it.
3. Do What Makes You Happy :There are so many things that makes me happy but there is certainly one thing that makes me the happiest is playing with dogs, cuddling with them, or just simply spending time with them. Find that happiness for yourself and do that often. Spend some time pursuing happiness.
4. Pamper Yourself But Don't Over Indulge : Take a day off and take care of yourself., Go to a spa or shopping date with your own self. It's often said that Pampering yourself and enjoying some "me time" are essential for your mental health and happiness. You deserve to spoil yourself but just don't get carried away and spend all your savings (I have done that 😬 and trust me I am not proud) So the point here is It doesn't have to be expensive, just treat yourself with something. Buy a gift for yourself, sometimes you just have to do it yourself for yourself.
5. Talk to a Someone you trust or Write It Down: If you don’t feel like explaining the situation to a friend or family member, write it down on a piece of paper and just take it all out, you can also try reading about similar subjects on internet. Sometimes such virtual connections can help you feel understood and reminds you that you’re not alone, other people go through similar things every day including me.
PS You can share your problems with me if you want, I might not be able to solve them but I am here to listen. ❤
I know there's no recipe to instantly feel good when you're having a really bad day but maybe something here might help you just the tiniest bit, I will be glad.
And remember I love you guys so much, Thank you for always supporting, encouraging and motivating me, I am going to be forever grateful.