I know I Know! It's the last week of February but who says you have to set your goals on January 1st? I'm doing it now. So Scroll down and join me as I bring it out and open with you all. It's little scary but challenging at the same time, jotting down your goals on a public platform for people to read it. Ahh! Honestly it gave me chills when I first thought of doing it, however on second thought I realised Why Not? I am going to put it all down, for me to remember what I have to do this year and also for you guys to remind me if any day you find me going off track. Will You?
The biggest goal for the year 2017 is to FOCUS on ways to improve myself, my business, and my life this year. Focusing on what’s truly important to me, not letting other people influence my decisions or cause unnecessary stress and just being truly as happy as possible. last year, a lot of times even when I was not working, my mind was constantly running and I was never able to shut anything off. I realised that if you are working hard and not balancing the rest of your life, life just becomes work and there’s no point to working hard when you aren’t taking time to enjoy it.
When you write things down, it makes them real. Isn't It ?
Here are my list of goals for the year 2017.
Okay! Are you ready for this? Don't Judge Me!! LET'S DO THIS!
1. Health is Wealth : You’ve definitely heard this one before. The problem is, few of us act on it. This year I have been proactive in taking care of my health. By simply improving on my diet and choosing healthier food, I’ve seen a significant improvement in my health. Feeling healthy is awesome, and it’s cheaper than spending money and energy in gyms to shed those extra kilos because of unhealthy eating. #guilty Work Out at home, Especially when you think you don’t have the time or energy.
2. Do What You Love : If you like meeting new people, making new friends do that. Meet new people. Talk to people. Take risks. Do things alone. Go places alone. Work on your strengths and polish them by practicing. I love anything that involves creativity, art and craft, designing my own outfits, decorating my space. I am going to do more of it now.
Promise to self.
3. Learn : Yes! as they say you're never too old to learn something new. So this year my goal is to learn a thing or two, starting with some cooking and baking. Apart from this I also want to learn photo and video editing (I suck at it). Although life teach you something or the other every single day, Hoping to be consistent with these two for now.
4. Travel Often : Another big goal of 2017 is to travel as much as I can. I want to travel more within my country and explore the gems of my Incredible India. So, I am planning to travel 1 city (minimum) each month and cover most part of India by the end of this year. There are 29 cities and only 10 months left. Let's see how it goes.
5. Save Money : This has to be the most promising goal this year, I have been trying to do it for years but never succeeded, I have always been an Independent working person, I started working when I was 18 ever since then I have taken care of all my luxury expenses, never took money from my parents for shopping, random outings with friends, national-international vacations or my studies after school, time passed and I started to look after all my basic expenses too, and now I am proud to say that I 100% finance the luxuries of life I always wanted, living a dream life absolutely on your own isn't easy at all. I was always like work-earn and spend kind of a person, never really cared about keeping a backup, Thankfully never really needed it, however I don't want to risk it further, so this year onwards I am going to take some investment plans and save a certain percentage of my monthly income.
6. Be Consistent : I'm a starter, not a finisher. being said that let me tell you a bit more about me. I have so many ideas in my head, I am always like I can do this I can do that, and I start it too but I don't understand how I just go off track. I lack consistency, starting something and finishing it too is what I struggle at, I keep so many dishes in my plate and always get confused what I like the most and what I should finish first. However It is very important to finish what you started, to get to the next step in life you have to let go of the previous one. Last year was a roller coaster for me, and when i walk down the memory lane I see what mistakes I have done, what my strengths and weaknesses are and this year I'm going to work harder on everything I aim to do but one thing at a time.
7. Digital Detox : I honestly have to do it at the earliest, people of our generation are so engrossed in the digital life, that they've lost the charm and warmth of real interaction, meeting and talking to someone in person and I'm no exception. Social media is a curse and a blessing, I guess excess use of it makes it a curse for me at times. Being a social media influencer and Blogger my job demands me to be active on social media and tell people what's happening in my life and the world of fashion. However, this has gone beyond just updating my social media accounts, I am getting addicted to it, spending hours on it through out the day, checking Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat of random people and stressing myself. So Yes! The goal now is to go on a Digital Detox for at least 1 full day every week, I won't use my phone or computer unless required, no peeking into people's digital life. I would probably focus on social interaction in the physical world.
Alright. This is it. I hope you achieve all your goals, meet new people, see new places and most of all, surprise yourself. Life is to be lived and it would be more than a shame not to make the most of every single day we’re given. Let me know in the comments below if you have similar goals for this year or if not any of these, tell me your goals, I would love to read them and I would be happy to help you stay focused on them.
Let's together embrace this awesome world of ours and the people in it.I wish you all a wonderful new year once again.